In Kazakhstan National Computer Emergency Response Team (KZ-CERT) was founded in 2011.
- monitoring and detection of internet resources violationg law of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- elaboration of propositions and recommendations on guarding the interests of person, society and state in information space;
- provide information security consulting services;
- fast and thorough gathering of information about cyber attacks or other suspicious activities.
- coordination of public and telecommunication operators’ cyber security units and other actors of national information infrastructure in the issues regarding prevention of violations in information and communication technologies;
- collection, analysis and storing information concerning existing threats to cybersecurity and effectiveness of implemented security measures
18 December 2014
Vulnerabilities in all current Linux kernel versions
In all current kernel versions CVE-2014-9322 is detected, which allows cybercriminals escalate local privilege. The problem is discovered in x86_64. This vulnerability is detected during research of early detected CVE-2014-9090. The patch against CVE-2014-9090 is also applicable for CVE-2014-9090.
Consequently, patches for Ubuntu and Fedora released earlier fix the current vulnerability. It is worth to say that patch from 9 th December for RHEL/CentOS does not repair the problem....
05 December 2014
Electronic Cigarettes - a new vector of cyber attacks
According to The Guardian, electronic cigarettes are definitely better for lungs, but can cause substantial harm to your computer. So, being charged via USB cigarettes are one of the newest vectors of cyber attacks. Cheap devices from unknown manufacturers which have physical access to the system of users are especially dangerous.
According to one of the users of Reddit, one of the IT-professionals faced with the fact that his computer was infected with malware, who got it through the...
02 December 2014
Virus targets GSM networks
Kaspersky Lab experts has published its research on Regin, new malware, which is able to attack and control GSM networks. Currently, this function is not found in any other known malware. Malware penetrates into the GSM network and is spy on mobile users. Telecom operators, governments, financial institutions, research organizations, and individuals involved in complex mathematical and cryptographic research are at risk.
Malware Analysis showed that Regin platform includes a variety of...